Insurance Law: Priority course for CSF members
Summer semester from May 8 to June 14, 2023
The university course Droit des assurances (Insurance Law), required to obtain the Registered Life Underwriter (R.L.U.) designation, will be offered in the Summer 2023 semester by the Faculty of Political Science and Law of the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM). Moreover, the CSF and UQAM have agreed that CSF members will be given priority in registering for the course.
We encourage you to register in large numbers, as this course is an asset to your professional development and represents an excellent academic opportunity, even if you are not currently considering the R.L.U. designation. We would like to emphasize that priority registration is an opportunity not to be missed, as this course is usually taught during regular semesters and is part of several curricula, so it may be difficult to register during any other given semester.
The deadline for registration has been extended to May 5. The course is in French only.
Droit des assurances Course Summary
The Droit des assurances (JUR705A) course deals with the nature of insurance contracts, both individual and group. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the focus is on life insurance and health and accident insurance. In particular, the course will examine the general rules relating to the formation, effect and performance of these contracts, the contractual terms and conditions as well as the rights and obligations that may arise for the parties and persons concerned. At the end of the course, you will be able to appreciate the role of insurance in contemporary societies and several particularities of insurance contracts. You will also be able to apply your knowledge of the Quebec insurance law regime to an intermediate-level factual situation.
Information on the course offered at UQAM for the Summer 2023 semester
- Location: UQAM, in-class only*
- Dates: May 8 to June 14, 2023, Monday and Wednesday, 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- 3 graduate credits, allocated 45 PDUs (10 PDUs in insurance of persons and 35 PDUs in compliance)
- Basis of admission: 21 years of age or older (a college or university degree is required if you are under 21)
- Admission fees
- Tuition: estimated at $402
Admission and registration
- Apply for admission as an unattached graduate student.
See the Insurance Law Application Guide (Summer 2023) (in French) if you have any questions.
- Register for the Droit des assurances course.
When you receive the notification from UQAM confirming your admission, write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email must contain your first and last name, the name of the course and the term: Droit des assurances (JUR705A), Summer 2023 semester. Your registration and payment will be completed in collaboration with the Registrar’s Office of UQAM.
For more information
- Admission, registration and fees for the Insurance Law course: write to UQAM at email@example.com.
- Pathway to the Certified Life Underwriter (C.L.U.) and Registered Life Underwriter (R.L.U.) designations: consult the CSF’s website or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Depending on the interest shown, this offer could be renewed and the course could be offered in a future semester.