Professional Development Requirements
Reference period from December 1, 2017 to November 30, 2019
The Regulation of the Chambre de la sécurité financière respecting compulsory professional development applies to every professional holding an authorization issued by the Autorité des marchés financiers allowing him to practise in any of the following sectors and registration categories:
- Group savings plan brokerage;
- Scholarship plan brokerage;
- Insurance of persons;
- Group insurance of persons.
A representative must accumulate the following professional development units (PDUs):
- 10 PDUs in general subjects;
- 10 PDUs in compliance with standards, ethics and business conduct*;
- 10 PDUs in topics specific to each sector or registration category in which he is authorized to pursue activities:
|Insurance of persons||10 PDUs|
|Group insurance of persons||10 PDUs|
|Group savings plan brokerage||10 PDUs|
|Group savings plan brokerage and Scholarship plan brokerage||10 PDUs specific to group savings plan brokerage + 5 PDUs specific to scholarship plan brokerage|
|Scholarship plan brokerage||10 PDUs including a minimum of 5 PDUs specific to scholarship plan brokerage (the remaining PDUs must be accumulated in group savings plan brokerage or in scholarship plan brokerage)|
* Every two reference periods (every four years), three of the PDUs a representative must accumulate in the subjects of compliance with standards, ethics and business conduct must be obtained during a training activity developed by the CSF and offered by it or in partnership with it.
During a reference period, PDUs accumulated in excess of the number required in a specific sector or registration category or in compliance with standards, ethics and business conduct will be credited to general subjects.
It is important for representatives to check that the training activities attended are recognized by the CSF. We recommend that representatives who pursue activities in the financial planning sector check with the Institut québécois de planification financière (IQPF).
MANDATORY COURSE ON COMPLIANCE
ENTERING PROOFS OF ATTENDANCE
INFORMATION NOTICE AND NOTICE OF NON-COMPLIANCE
REINSTATEMENT OF A CERTIFICATE