Disciplinary Committee Decisions
You can get free access to all disciplinary decisions rendered by the disciplinary committee of the Chambre de la sécurité financière since 2000 on the SOQUIJ website by clicking here. Please note that these decisions may be appealed to the Court of Québec.
In order to facilitate your search, we suggest you follow the steps set out below (please note that the SOQUIJ search engine is offered only in French):
1. Select “Comité de discipline de la Chambre de la sécurité financière (CDCSF)” in the drop-down menu entitled “Tribunal ou organisme”, located in the search panel entitled “Rechercher une décision par mots clés”;
2. Type the representative’s last name in the data input field entitled “Mots clés”;
3. Select “nom des parties” in the drop-down menu entitled “Type de recherche”;
4. Click on the button entitled “Rechercher”; the SOQUIJ search engine will generate a list of decisions containing the representative’s last name;
5. In order to determine if a decision in the list relates to the representative you are looking for, you must view each decision and confirm that the complete name of the representative appears in the decision (at the top of the decision).
Click here for all the details on how to use the SOQUIJ search engine (in French only).
In addition, a collection of all disciplinary decisions rendered since 1990 is available at the CSF’s information centre.
For information, call our information agent at 514-282-5777 or toll-free at 1-800-361-9989. Please note that fees will apply if you wish to obtain a written confirmation.
Register of firms and individuals authorized to practise
To verify whether the person or the business with which you are doing business is entitled to pursue activities in the financial products and services sector, click here.