board of directors
Join the CSF Board of Directors
BECOME A MEMBER of the Board of directors of the CSF for a 3 year term. The positions available on the Board of directors of the CSF are open to all members duly authorized to practice as:
Insurance of persons representative
You have until February 25 to submit your candidacy. The voting period will be held from March 13, until the close of the voting period at 4:30 p.m. on March 28, 2019.
By getting involved, you will help to advance your profession, learn more about the issues and challenges facing CSF members, and have a concrete impact on the decisions that affect your profession and self-regulatory organization.
You should refer to the notice of election to find out the applicable terms and conditions.
The vote will take place online. At the appropriate time, members entitled to vote will receive a notice indicating the procedure for casting their vote via Internet
For more information regarding the election, please refer to our Elections FAQ page, or call at 514 282-5777 ext. 0.
The Act respecting the distribution of financial products and services states that the board of directors of the Chambre shall consist of thirteen members. Five board members are appointed by the Minister of Finance and eight members shall hold elected positions, including:
- two insurance of persons representatives
- one group insurance representative
- one financial planning representative
- two mutual fund dealer representatives
- one scholarship plan dealer representative
- one elected by the general meeting assembly of the Chambre.
To run, a candidate must be duly authorized by the AMF to practice as a Mutual fund dealer representative, a Representative in insurance of persons or as a group insurance representative and be a representative referred to in section 289 of the Act respecting the distribution of financial products and services.
To be eligible, a candidate must not:
- have been found guilty of an offence by the CSF’s disciplinary committee, another self-regulatory body, a disciplinary board of a professional order, or by the Financial Markets Administrative Tribunal.
- have been the subject of a decision of a civil, criminal or any other court that finds them responsible in a matter relating to their professional activities.
- be an administrator within a financial sector association whose mission is to promote the socio-economic interests of its members.
Please note that the activities of the Board are held in French.
How to apply
For your candidacy to be admissible, the following documents must be received at the CSF by 4:30 p.m. on February 25, 2019:
- A candidacy form, preferably filled out electronically then printed and signed by the candidate.
- The candidate’s resume to be filled out on a form available on the CSF’s website. It must be filled out electronically. No other format will be accepted. The resume will be reproduced in full on the voting website.
- A high-resolution (300 dpi) recent photo (professional portrait) in “JPEG” format.
In the space provided on the candidacy form, the candidate must obtain the signature of five members who are duly authorized by the AMF to act in the same inscription category in which the candidate submits his candidacy. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that the nominators meet this requirement.
By submitting their candidacy, the member consents to having the information provided by them, including the submitted photo, published by the CSF in one of its publications or in any other media. Each candidate is responsible for the accuracy of the information provided and shall not hold the CSF responsible for any resulting harm.
The resume and photo must be sent by email to the CSF.
|Schedule of key election stages|
|Transmission of an elections notice to each member affected by the election.||Week of January 28, 2019|
|Deadline for receipt of candidacy forms by the elections chairperson.||February 25, at 4:30 p.m.|
|Deadline for casting votes via the Internet.||March 13 to March 28, 2019, at 4:30 p.m.|