The Chambre de la sécurité financière announced the winners of the 7th edition of its Prix Excellence at the Insurance and Investments Convention held yesterday at the Palais des congrès de Montréal.
Before a crowd of around 500 banquet attendees, the Chambre presented the Prix Carrière, the Prix d’Excellence, the Prix de la Relève, the Prix pour l’activité de formation la plus appréciée, and the Bourse d’études.
The main goal of these awards is to publicly recognize and highlight excellence among the professionals working in the financial services industry. The awards are as follows:
- The Prix Carrière de la Chambre de la sécurité financière celebrates the culmination of an outstanding career of a member of the Chambre. This award recognizes the legacy of excellence they leave in the industry and salutes their exemplary career, their contribution to the industry, and their social commitment. This award was presented to Robert A. Faust, C.L.U. Robert worked in our industry for over 50 years. In 1964, he started his own firm, which, over the years, became a family business in which four generations now work. Throughout his long career, he pursued his training and kept his knowledge current by periodically giving lectures to firms, financial security advisors, and professional organizations. Robert recently retired.
- The Prix d’Excellence de la Chambre de la sécurité financière highlights a member’s exceptional professional practice. This honour recognizes a member’s exemplary professional practice and their contribution to the advancement of the profession along with their social commitment. This award was presented to Dominique Asselin, B.A.A., Pl. Fin., FCSI. He began his career in 1993, and currently works as a financial security advisor and financial planner at RBC Dominion Securities. In 2010, he founded the Académie du Trésor, a non-profit organization that provides a free introduction to financial management for young people.
- The Prix de la Relève de la Chambre de la sécurité financière is awarded to a young representative who is a member of the Chambre and who has demonstrated a good aptitude for their new profession. The winner of this prize already shows signs of a brilliant future career in the industry. This award was presented to Marc-Antoine Mainville, B.A.A. Marc-Antoine joined the financial services industry in 2007. In 2013, this financial security advisor, and group insurance and group annuity plans advisor co-founded the firm Consilium Assurance/Groupe Conseil. He is involved in the Avenue hébergement communautaire, an organization that provides assistance to troubled youth.
- The Chambre also awarded the Prix pour l’activité de formation la plus appréciée. This award is presented to the provider whose training activity has earned the highest satisfaction level based on online surveys of our members. It was presented to Industrial Alliance for the “Campagne REER 2013-2014” training activity.
- The Chambre also offered a $1,000 scholarship to a student registered in the final year of studies in a college training program leading to the profession. The scholarship was awarded to Carolane Denis, a student in the Insurance and Financial Advisory Services program at cégep de Sainte-Foy.
The jury for the Prix Excellence was chaired by:
- Robert Frances, B. Com., MBA, C. Adm., Fin. Pl., President and Chief Executive Officer of Peak Financial Group and 2007-2008 Chairman of the Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC)
The other jury members were:
- Claude Béland, Ad. E., President of the Desjardins Group from 1987 to 2000, President of the Groupe international de recherche en éthique financière et fiduciaire (GIREF) and President of the Mouvement Démocratie et Citoyenneté du Québec (MDCQ)
- Raymonde Crête, LL.M., Professor, Lawyer, and Director of the Groupe de recherche en droit des services financiers (GRDSF) at Laval University
- Serge Therrien, President and Publisher of the Journal de l’assurance
- Lyne Gagné, MBA, Chair of the Board of Directors of the Chambre de la sécurité financière
- Luc Labelle, M.Sc., ICD.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of the Chambre de la sécurité financière
Information and Communication Department