member of the board of directors
Electoral Process Details
BECOME A MEMBER of the board of directors of the Chambre de la sécurité financière (the CSF) by submitting your candidacy to become the scholarship plan brokerage representative. You have until March 17 to submit your candidacy. The voting period will be held from April 7, 2017 until the close of the voting period at 4:30 p.m. on April 26, 2017.
You should refer to the notice of election to find out the applicable terms and conditions.
The vote will take place online. At the appropriate time, members entitled to vote will receive a notice indicating the procedure for casting their vote via Internet
The following position is available this year:
Scholarship plan brokerage representative
An Act respecting the distribution of financial products and services states that the board of directors of the Chambre shall consist of thirteen members. Five board members are appointed by the Minister of Finance and eight members shall hold elected positions, including:
- two insurance of persons representatives
- one group insurance representative
- one financial planning representative
- two mutual fund dealer representatives
- one scholarship plan dealer representative
- one elected by the general meeting assembly of the Chambre.
To run, a candidate must be duly authorized to practice by the AMF as a scholarship brokerage plan representative referred to in section 289 of An Act respecting the distribution of financial products and services.
To be eligible, a candidate must also not:
- have been the subject of a decision or a sanction imposed by the Financial Markets Administrative Tribunal (previously known as the BDR) or the AMF.
- have been found guilty of an offence by the CSF’s disciplinary committee, another self-regulatory body or a disciplinary board of a professional order.
- have been convicted of or pled guilty to an offence or a criminal act related to their professional activities.
- have been the subject of a decision of a civil court that finds them responsible in a matter relating to their professional activities.
- be an administrator within a financial sector association whose mission is to promote the socio-economic interests of its members.
How to run
For your candidacy to be admissible, the following documents must be received at the CSF by 4:30 p.m. on March 17, 2017:
- A candidacy form, available below, preferably filled out electronically then printed and signed by the candidate.
- The candidate’s resume to be filled out on a form available on the CSF’s website. It must be filled out electronically. No other format will be accepted. The resume will be reproduced in full on the voting website.
- A high-resolution recent photo (300 dpi) in “JPEG” format.
In the space provided on the candidacy form, the candidate must obtain the signature of five members who are duly authorized by the AMF to act as scholarship plan brokerage representatives. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that the nominators meet this requirement.
By submitting their candidacy, the member consents to having the information provided by them, including the submitted photo, published by the CSF in one of its publications or in any other media. Each candidate is responsible for the accuracy of the information provided and shall not hold the CSF responsible for any resulting harm.
The resume and photo must be sent by email to the CSF.
Fax / Election Chair
Chambre de la sécurité financière
2000 McGill College, 12th floor,
Montreal (Quebec) H3A 3H3
|Schedule of key election stages|
|Transmission of an elections notice to each member affected by the election.||Week of February 13, 2017|
|Deadline for receipt of candidacy forms by the elections chairperson.||March 17 at 4:30 p.m.|
|Deadline for casting votes via the Internet.||April 26 at 4:30 p.m.|